UPDATE! This position has been filled by the amazing Melissa Burr. Check your Friday folder tomorrow for the popcorn pre-sale order form!
Does your child LOVE popcorn Fridays?
You can find a detailed job description on our website, http://www.emeraldparkptsa.org/uploads/1/2/6/3/12639580/volunteerdescription_popcorn.docx.pdf, but here are the basics:
- Popcorn days are the first Friday of the month (except in November it's the first Thursday.)
- Popping begins at 8am and lasts until about 11am. You will run the popcorn machine and 3-4 volunteers will help you sell, bag, and distribute the popcorn.
- You will purchase supplies from Cash-n-Carry and the PTSA will issue a reimbursement within a week. (If this is a financial hardship, other arrangements can be made.)
- You will need to be a PTSA member ($12/year) and have a food handler's card (https://www.foodworkercard.wa.gov/).
- You will be trained by a former popcorn chairperson.
If you can't commit to being in charge, can you commit to help with a popcorn day sometime this year? You can sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080d48acaf2da2ff2-popcorn
Thank you for helping keep popcorn Fridays alive this school year. We can't do it without you.