Join our PTSA!
Anyone can join the Emerald Park PTSA to support children at Emerald Park and nationwide.
- Get Connected: You join a partnership that encourages student achievement, enriches the learning environment and promotes quality education.
- Tap into a Build a Network: PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences. The relationships you will build with other parents, teachers, and staff are invaluable and extend well beyond each school year!
- Influence Change: The PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively influence change at Emerald Park. Our Local PTSA plays an important role in supporting building improvements through advocacy and plays a critical role in fundraising for curriculum-based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTSA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on their education.
Added Member Benefits
Not only does your membership fee help fund the events and activities of our PTSA, but you are also eligible for additional benefits through the Washington State PTA and National PTA! You must have your electronic member card number available to take advantage of these benefits. Membership is on an annual basis so you must renew your membership each year.
Our PTSA runs on volunteers--even an hour makes a difference in the lives of each student at Emerald Park. We have something to fit everyone's time and talents!
We know your time is incredibly valuable and we realize that volunteering isn't always easy with family, work, and life responsibilities. For this reason, we have jobs that are during the school day, after school, or without coming to school at all! And, you do not need to be a paid member or attend monthly meetings to volunteer with us! Whether you choose a one-time event or an ongoing role, we appreciate and encourage everyone to help in any way they can.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone! Parents, grandparents, loving adults, friends, siblings, and community members. Our events and activities are also a great way for high school students and others with required volunteer hours to get those in! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
All volunteers must go through an easy, online Kent School District screening process, for the safety of students and volunteers alike. You may apply online through the secure Volunteer In Public Schools (VIPS) portal at https://www.kent.k12.wa.us/volunteer. A notification of your volunteer status is typically sent within 24 hours. You must renew your VIPS application at the beginning of each school year.
To help you plan, here are some of our recurring volunteer opportunities. Please follow us on Facebook and check your student's Friday Folder for more details and new volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
- Year-Round: Executive Board Positions, Art Docents, Restaurant Night, Popcorn Fridays, Printing/Copying, Friday Folders, Conference Week Dinners & more.
- Fall: Meet & Greet, Membership Drive, Fall Fundraiser, Spirit Wear, Picture Day, Book Fair, Trunk-or-Treat, Movie Night, Paint Night
- Spring: Conference Week Dinners, Spring Book Fair, Movie Night, Paint Night, Staff Appreciation Week, Garage Sale, Textile Drive, Kindergarten Orientation, End-of-Year Party
It is only with your support that we can make these great programs available to Emerald Park students and families!